Terms of Service
Under the Markets exists for advancing community communication, information sharing, development and engagement as well as for your enjoyment.
You may download from the site but only for noncommercial, personal use. Please be respectful of copyright and other notices.
Site information may not be distributed, modified, transmitted, reused, re-posted, including text, images, audio, and video, for commercial purposes without our expressed permission.
The Rules for our site are as follows:
- Everything on the site is copyrighted unless otherwise stated.
- We go to considerable lengths to post only what we believe is accurate information. We do not represent that our efforts are always successful.
- Opinions, from whatever source including us, are exactly what the word means, opinions. Please verify any information before relying on the accuracy what is presented.
- You are using information on this site at your own risk. We neither assume nor accept responsibility for errors or omissions.
- Under the Markets, Virgin Islands Capital Resources, Inc., any existing or future associated entities, our employees, and our service providers are not liable for any damages you suffer when you use the site. Our disclaimer includes “direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site.
- Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
- We are not responsible if your activities on our site damage you or your computer or infect it with any viruses. Regardless, we take appropriate precautions that this will not happen.
- Please, do not post private or sensitive information on our site. Our site is available to the general public.
- We retain the right to own, use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, and repost any information you post on our site. This includes ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques. The forgoing allows us to develop, manufacture and market products and services and redistribute information gleaned from posts on our site as our own.
- Pictures and illustrations on our pages, owned by us, are not in the public domain. They may be used for non-commercial purposes. Pictures and illustrations owned by others and used by us with the owner’s permission may not be reused without the owner’s approval.
- You must appropriately credit any articles, images, videos and recordings that are not your own when posting to our Web pages.
- Our site is available for use by the community. We periodically monitor our chat groups as well as review posts on our site using certain sampling protocols. We cannot and do not assume responsibility for the content others post on our site. Our rules preclude anti social and illegal behavior. We will delete such postings, assuming we agree with your complaint, following you notifying us of offensive material.
- USERS OF OUR SITE MAY NOT POST ANY UNLAWFUL, THREATENING, LIBELOUS, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, SCANDALOUS, INFLAMMATORY, PORNOGRAPHIC, NASTY, MEAN, OR PROFANE MATERIAL OR ANY MATERIAL THAT MAY BE CONSIDER A CRIMINAL OFFENSE, VIOLATE ANY LAWS, BE DEEMED ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR OR BE INCONSISTENT WITH COMMUNITY NORMS OF APPROPRIATE SPEECH OR CONDUCT. TROLLING AND SPAMMING IS ALSO PROHIBITED. OUR DECISION IS THE FINAL ARBITER AS TO WHAT BEHAVIOR FALLS WITHIN THE ABOVE PROSCRIPTIONS.
- We respect your privacy, however, we will cooperate with any duly identified law enforcement authority or court that might seek information on specific posts.
- We may warn you of any violations of the above rules. We reserve the right to revoke access privileges to those who flagrantly or successively violate the letter and spirit of the above terms of service.
Under the Markets is a communication and information-sharing portal. Neither the site, its employees nor its associates are capable of advising you on specific issues. We offer you insight into our thoughts and those of others. This should not be mistaken as advice. Always seek the guidance of appropriate professionals before acting on any comments, insight or suggestions you may read on our web pages.
All Pages on the Under the Markets web site we create. Pages do not include post, comments or articles regardless of origin. We disclaim association with any one or more individual(s), groups of individuals, organizations, businesses or any entity that posts on our site including articles, comments or posts of our affiliated entities.
Under the Markets is a project of Virgin Islands Capital Resources, Inc., whose financial assistance, in part, developed and funds its operating cost.
Contributions and payments made to Under the Markets are made to Virgin Islands Capital Resources, Inc. a 501 (c) 3 Private Foundation as defined by the United States Internal Revenue Service unless otherwise identified.
The term ‘user’ refers to anyone viewing or engaging Under the Markets in any form, including electronic or printed material.
Under the Markets may include on its Pages advertisements in picture or text placed there on behalf of organization or commercial enterprises. These placements may or not be identified as “advertisement”. Neither Under the Markets nor Virgin Islands Capital resources, Inc., its employees, associates, nor Internet providers are responsible for any claims made by such advertisers or their advertisements, or for any damages caused by visiting the advertisers’ websites.
Under the Markets is not associated with the advertiser unless clearly identified.
By accessing and/or using this site and the server it is hosted on you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms here and elsewhere stated and to comply with all applicable copyright laws and regulations of the United States of America and the United States Virgin Islands.
All Internet-based or non-Internet based websites, including “encyclopedias” using Mediawiki or similar software are similarly constrained.
UN-AUTHORIZED PUBLISHING OR USE OF UNDER THE MARKETS MATERIAL IS REGARDED AS A VIOLATION OF THE COPYRIGHT. IN MOST COUNTRIES THIS IS ILLEGAL. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE THE REQUIRED LEGAL ACTION TO RECTIFY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT,
Under the Markets claims ownership and copyrights to only its design elements, graphics, and content, which neither violate or infringes on copyrights and/or trademarks claimed by other entities prior to their appearance on our web pages. We have no intention of infringing on the copyright, trademarks, logos, service marks or any other established rights of others. Should this inadvertently occur, we ask that you notify us of this and we will promptly remove the infringing material or modify the disclosure information, as appropriate.
Opinions and/or points of view expressed by any party, whether they are associated with Under the Markets or not, do not necessarily reflect our point of view or opinion or those of Virgin Islands Capital Resources, Inc. or any associated companies unless clearly stated.
If you have a complaint/issue about our site, please contact us and we will try to resolve it. You may contact us through the “Contact Us” page of this web site.
Reviews & Displays
- We receive no compensation for reviewing product or services mentioned on our pages.
- We may be paid a commission if you purchase a product or service mentioned or displayed by us.
- Any opinion of a product or service discussed on our pages is not influenced by monetary or other compensation.
The development and operating expenses of Under the Markets may be partially supported by the money it makes from advertisers. Regardless, we believe what ever we choose to allow to be displayed advertised or promoted by others is relevant and useful to some members of our community.