It’s Real– Let’s Be Prepared

Home Forum Community Specific St. Croix Environment It’s Real– Let’s Be Prepared

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin Moorhead
    Keymaster

There is copious evidence that environmental change is occurring.  It is evident in the number of significant weather events occurring world-wide.

[See the full post at: https://underthemarkets.com/its-real-lets-be-prepared/]

swilliams
    Participant

My decision to return to the Virgin Islands was in part a function of the more relaxed life style than is associated with other mainland communities. Decidedly the natural beauty and weather were the primary attractions.

Little did I expect that these islands would be in the front line of environmental change brought about by a warming planet. Awe is the word that comes to mind when I reflect on the power of the storms we are now experiencing.

I am a long-term resident of the Virgin Islands. I remember when a tropical storm was not something we gave particular attention to. Not so now. Dorian demands that we all consider how quickly such an event can spiral into something truly awesome.

The hurricane hunter alerts are welcomed but there is a limit to their ability to forecast exactly what is in these storms or how quickly they can transition to something worse.

The call in your article for a serious look at truly how prepared we are for any eventuality requires serious attention; on the personal as well as the community level. This clearly is a situation we will be living with for the foreseeable future.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
2107 Crystal Gade #7A
St. Thomas, VI 00802
+1-340-776-0677
Follow
We are a 501 (c) 3 Private Foundation
Donate
© 2018 Under The Markets. A project of Virgin Islands Capital Resources. Privacy Policy Terms & Conditions